TASA Executive Committee, 2017–2018
The TASA Executive are pleased to announce the results of the 2016 TASA Executive elections.
The new positions are as below:
- TASA President: Dan Woodman, University of Melbourne
- TASA Vice President: Alphia Possamai-Inesedy, Western Sydney University (Elected Unopposed)
- TASA Secretary: Luke Gahan, Federation University
- TASA Treasurer: Shanthi Robertson, Western Sydney University (Elected Unopposed)
- TASA Thematic group Portfolio Leader: Peta Cook, University of Tasmania
- TASA Postgraduate portfolio Leader: Ashleigh Watson, Griffith University
- TASA Applied Sociology Portfolio Leader: Joseph Borlagdan, Brotherhood of St Laurence
- TASA Multimedia Portfolio: Brady Robards, University of Tasmania (Elected Unopposed)
The TASA Executive wish to thank everyone who nominated, both successful and unsuccessful for their efforts. These elections ensure that TASA remains a robust and democratic organization that can shape the field of sociology in the years ahead.