|A Sociology of Youth: Defining the Field |
We are very happy to report that the Journal of Sociology’s next Virtual Special issue is out now: A Sociology of Youth: Defining the Field has been edited by Professor Johanna Wyn. All articles, listed below, are free to access until the end of October. We welcome and encourage you to access the articles, which are all available via https://journals.sagepub.com/page/jos/youth
- Wyn, J. (2020). A sociology of youth: Defining the field. Journal of Sociology.
- Lilly Brown (2019) “Indigenous young people, disadvantage and the violence of settler colonial education policy and curriculum”, Journal of Sociology, 55(1): 54-71.
- Alan France, Steve Roberts and Bronwyn Wood (2018) “Youth, social class and privilege in the antipodes: Towards a new research agenda for youth sociology”, Journal of Sociology, 54(3): 362-380.
- Andy Furlong, Dan Woodman and Johanna Wyn (2011) “Changing times, changing perspectives: Reconciling ‘transition’ and ‘cultural’ perspectives on youth and young adulthood”, Journal of Sociology, 47(4): 355-370.
- Judith Bessant (1995) “The discovery of an Australian ’’juvenile underclass’”, Journal of Sociology, 31(1): 32-48.
- Gordon Tait (1993) “Youth, Personhood and ’Practices of the Self’: some new directions for youth research”, Journal of Sociology, 29(1): 40-54.
- Carolyn Baker (1983) “The ’Age of Consent’ Controversy: Age and Gender as Social Practice”, Journal of Sociology, 19(1): 96-112.
Kate and Steve
Journal of Sociology features high quality sociological scholarship in all its forms. We are dedicated to showcasing theory as well as applied sociology, quantitative and qualitative research. Interdisciplinary pieces are welcome, as are submissions from outside the academy. Based in the Southern Hemisphere and committed to intellectual works from the Asia-Pacific region, including Indigenous scholarship, we also encourage submissions from across the globe.
You can read more about the Journal of Sociology here and keep up-to-date via Twitter: @JSociology