To make changes to this page:
First right click on the news widget or event widgets to filter them by category for this thematic group.
To change the names in the right hand purple column, simply select the text and re-type the name. To change the image, right click on the image and select "change image" from the popup context menu. The image doesn't need to be square - but should be relatively square. When the page is displayed at run-time, some code will execute and the image will change to a circle.The extra white space between the member names in the right hand purple column will be removed when the page is displayed. It doesn't matter if there is some extra space between the members here.
To change the links below the members "view members, blog, recent publications", etc right click on the link and select "Change link" from the popup context menu. Use the menu builder to make a new link. You can filter the membership directory by subgroup and a few other parameters. Maybe that will help.
The facebook feed on this page is loaded differently than other pages. Do not remove the link below the twitter feed widget.
To change the video click in the white space beneath the video, and press backspace to delete the video.
Then use the media embed icon in the editor toolbar to paste in the youtube embed code. CHANGE THE WIDTH to 100%, and the height to 200px in the code they provide.
Sociology of Migration, Ethnicity & Multiculturalism Thematic Group
Aims and Objectives
The aims of the Sociology of Migration, Ethnicity and Multiculturalism Thematic Group are to:
- To facilitate communication and collaboration between TASA members working in the areas of Migration, Ethnicity and Multiculturalism and cognate fields
- To further sociological research and publications in the areas of Migration, Ethnicity and Multiculturalism and cognate fields
- To provide a basis for streams on Migration, Ethnicity and Multiculturalism at TASA conferences
- To organise and support other conferences, seminars, symposia, workshops, public lectures and the like in the areas of Migration, Ethnicity and Multiculturalism
- To encourage postgraduate interest in the field of the sociology of Migration, Ethnicity and Multiculturalism
- To stimulate public interest and public intellectual debate on the sociology of Migration, Ethnicity and Multiculturalism
- To liaise with the ISA Research Committees:
- RC05 – Race, Ethnicity and Minority Relations
- RC31 – Sociology of Migration
Year established: 2005
Links & Resources
Refugee Council of Australia
Australian Human Rights Commission
Seven videos on Race and Society
Ashleigh Haw Deakin University
University of Western Australia
Western Sydney University
Group Members Blog Publications Group Forum Group Committee
Sarah B. Faulkner
University of South Australia