To make changes to this page:
First right click on the news widget or event widgets to filter them by category for this thematic group.
To change the names in the right hand purple column, simply select the text and re-type the name. To change the image, right click on the image and select "change image" from the popup context menu. The image doesn't need to be square - but should be relatively square. When the page is displayed at run-time, some code will execute and the image will change to a circle.The extra white space between the member names in the right hand purple column will be removed when the page is displayed. It doesn't matter if there is some extra space between the members here.
To change the links below the members "view members, blog, recent publications", etc right click on the link and select "Change link" from the popup context menu. Use the menu builder to make a new link. You can filter the membership directory by subgroup and a few other parameters. Maybe that will help.
The facebook feed on this page is loaded differently than other pages. Do not remove the link below the twitter feed widget.
To change the video click in the white space beneath the video, and press backspace to delete the video.
Then use the media embed icon in the editor toolbar to paste in the youtube embed code. CHANGE THE WIDTH to 100%, and the height to 200px in the code they provide.
Sociology of Education Thematic Group
Aims and Objectives
- To network researchers interested in the sociology of education and stimulate debate and discussion
- To pursue opportunities for advancing sociological analysis of education and sociology of education in broad terms encompassing issues such as:
– diversity and equity issues;
– education for sustainability;
– family/school relationships
– learning communities and networks;
– lifelong learning;
– sociology of the curriculum;
– school and school system as a social institution;
– teachers and teacher organization;
– workplace learning;
– theoretical frameworks and methodological approaches to the sociology of education;
- To meet initially once yearly at the annual TASA conference to share research and study interests;
- To build a network of researchers as a resource for developing a stronger profile of research and research training in sociology of education;
- To encourage and support postgraduates and early career researchers in the sociology of education; and
- To provide a basis for streams on the sociology of education at TASA conferences
Year Established: June 2009